WE BELIEVE THAT EDUCATION IS THE DOORWAY TO THE FUTURE! Warrick County School Corporation is an IDOE School of Promising Practice!
On Thursday, March 19, 2020, Governor Holcomb announced that all Indiana schools will remain closed through Friday, May 1, 2020. Governor Holcomb also announced cancellation of ISTEP, ILEARN, IREAD and all other state assessments for the 2019-2020 school year. Given these new directives, we want to share with you WCSC’s plans for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
The Warrick County School Corporation Food and Nutrition Department will be providing free breakfast and lunch meals daily during the school closure. Free “Grab and Go” meals will be available for anyone 18 years of age and younger. Meal pick up will be available throughout the closure, including Spring Break (March 16, 2020 – April 3, 2020) for the entire Warrick County School District.
Meal pick-up process:
- Meals will be available for pick up at the following locations:
- Boonville High School – Swimming Doors / Auxiliary Gym
- Chandler Elementary – Front Entrance
- Oakdale Elementary - North Parking Lot (by Gym)
- Sharon Elementary – Back Drop off / pick up Circle
- Tecumseh Middle / High - High School front door
- Tennyson Elementary – Gym Doors
- Pick up will be curb side at each location
- Just advise a worker of the number of meals needed
- Pick up times will be from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Meals can be picked up at any location regardless of a students’ “home school”
- Meals will be free for all children ages 18 and younger (not just students)
- Breakfast for the next morning will be given out along with lunch
- Adult meals are not available for purchase
Children under the age of five who are living in Warrick County are eligible to register for a book to arrive at their home every month. The books are published and distributed by the Dollywood Foundation. The books are a FREE gift from our community. The initial funds were raised by a dedicated group of students who want to see the program continue for years to come. Warrick Literacy and Educational Connections (WLEC) is a 501C3 non-for-profit organization that is working to make that dream a reality
Dolly Parton Imagination Library/WLEC information brochure
Dolly Parton Imagination Library registration
The Warrick County Health Department will be going into the schools to give immunizations to students in:
Fall - 6th grade and 12th grade
Spring- 5th grade and 11th grade (to prepare them for the next grade level). Also we will do 6th graders and 12th graders that need to finish a series of immunizations)
Please watch the school newsletters for paperwork.
Reminder: Student immunization records are required. Parents should submit student immunization records to the school or contact the school nurse to confirm pending immunization appointments.
Traditionally, all School Board meetings are on the FIRST and THIRD Monday of the month. There are times when these dates may change. Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m.
Below are the upcoming School Board meeting dates:
Monday, March 2, 2020
Monday, March 16, 2020
Monday, April 6, 2020
Monday, April 20, 2020
All School Board Meetings are held at the WCSC Central Services Building.
930 W. Main Street
Boonville, IN 47601